Sunday, November 16, 2008

WOW! I have been missing out!

Yesterday, I received an email from my dear sewing friend in Michigan. It was a wonderful email and proceeded to have a link to her BLOG. After reading the email, I clicked her link to the BLOG. ( http//www.homeacre.blogspot.com ) WOW! It was a wonderful thing to read and to keep up with Amy. Prior to a few years ago, Amy didn't check her emails but once a month if we were lucky. Now she has this awesome blog that is so fun to read. Next, I clicked some of her favorite BLOGS. I got another WOW! This looks like so much fun and soooooo easy to entertain and take up a lot of my time. ;)

Anyway, now I have started my BLOG. Keep in mind, I got my first computer in 1991 and was a computer wizard. I spent hours and hours on my computer. This was a couple years before AOL and Prodogy. There were no pretty pictures, just the blue screen and the white letters. I transfered files that would take all night and kept up with messaging boards and exchanged fabric and all kinds of stuff with my new found computer friends. Then AOL came and we all reluctantly moved over there and still played the exchange games. Then, life happened. I don't know exactly how to explain it, but it just all came to a halt. I stopped exchanging fabric (probably because I could start my own quilt shop), stopped keeping up with my online friends and let my technology skills (especially the online fun) fall by the wayside.

Now I get to start figuring this out, so bear with me and come back soon.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Jan...I am so excited!! I can't believe the coincidence either...while you were mentioning me on your blog, I was mentioning you! I'll keep in touch...Love you

Tracy Batchelder said...

Hi, I'm Tracy from Wool Windings. Amy sent me over to meet you. Welcome to Blogland!