Monday, November 17, 2008

The Opening Photo

The present opening photo is one of my favorite places. It is Newport Beach, CA. I am a big fan of the oceans. Note I said oceans. I haven't really found a place with a beach that I didn't like. Fortunately, for living in the desert and prior to that, the midwest, I get to have quite a bit of ocean time. I love to sightsee. I could just drive for hours looking at sights. I have a few favorite people to "sightsee" with, my sister, my friend Jane and my friend Jeanine. Howard is not a big sight-seer. He prefers seeing the sights from the chair on the beach or a cruise.
Anyway, the photo is where my mind goes when things get too hectic in my crazy life. Instead of therapy, I drive to the beach in California. 4.5 hours and I am there. In mid October I drove down to sight see and spend sometime on the beach. Well, mostly I drove and I did a little work at our California office, but then spent some quality time at Malibu Beach(didn't see any celebs - they don't spend much time at the beach in October), Redondo Beach, Huntington Beach (Wonderful!!!!!!!!!)and Dana Point. All down the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH is what the natives call it).





Here are some photos from past and recent trips. I'll tell more about other wonderful beach places.







The person in the one photo was actually looking for shells, not doing anything like it looks like.
I sat at the beach in Huntington for about 2 hours just running my fingers through the sand and watching some surfers and kids playing. It was very relaxing. Not enough time though. In October the fog rolls in early and hangs out until about noon, so beach time is limited.
Enjoy and have a great day.
Jan

No comments: