Monday, March 9, 2009

Going through the sewing stash...

Well, I have officially moved all but my sewing machines to my new offices. After at least three attempts (moves) to reduce the amount of fabric and books and patterns that I have, I still have ALOT! I am very frustrated that I got rid of alot of things but life goes on. With fabric and sewing stuff, the rule of "if you didn't use it in 6 months (or 12 months) or whatever..." Doesn't apply. I think a few things could be considered "vintage".

I do think at one point I must have gotten very forgetful. I have at least 12 quilt batts. I have only finished 3 or 4 full quilts in my lifetime. So I guess JoAnn's must had some really good sales.
One of my finds I have to post is the wonderful unfinished Jazzy jacket. This is from the group challenge that our sewing group did. OMG! what was I thinking. Hold you breath, you will need it to start laughing when you think that if I had finished this, I may have thought about wearing it!

How times have changed, I probably wouldn't even consider making this, let alone wear it. Yiks!

Just imagine that this has matching sleeves.

I did find some lovely fabric though. Oh, I love my quilt fabric. I just wish I had nothing better to do than sew....

Take care. Jan

1 comment:

Amy said...

I never did get in on the Jazzy Jacket project...I think that's what started it all though, don't you, Jan? I haven't been sewing in a while...my time is ever filled with caretaking. I'm not complaining because (my famous last words), "it could be worse." Speaking of last words, I told Glen and the kids I wanted that on my tombstone. They asked me how it could be worse than dead, and I still don't have an answer : )

I need to clean out the stash (and so much other stuff), but I try to not think about it. I have just finished a super quick doily (crochet) that I plan to gift out. That's all I've been doing craft-wise. I'm working the rest of the week...I'll try to write soon.

Love,
Amy