Sunday, February 22, 2009

Time to make some changes...



To my faithful follower, Amy. I am finally going to post again. I have spent all evening checking out other sites. I was going to change the name of my blog, but decided I will continue on with this one.
Anyway, I have decided (at least tonight) to make some changes to my life. I presently have the been moving my sewing to my new office. I have two offices, one you have to walk through to get to the other. So I have decided to move all my sewing stuff from storage and put it in the second office. Tomorrow the move will include the cutting table and mat. I am hoping to start sewing again. It has been so long since I have been truely creative. I stopped at a quilt shop Saturday to get some inspiration. This is what I found...
A pretty little pillow made from pastel cottons and a beautiful purse made from silk and embellished with beads and decorative fibers.
The quilt shop had a lot to offer, but didn't seem homey. The staff wasn't smiling or having fun. I briefly spoke with an employee (or owner) not sure and she did not engage in the conversation. I seemed to be bothering her with my simple question. Then as I passed another employee, she didn't even make eye contact. So I will adventure off to another quilt shop to see if I can find a homey one. Unfortunately, I drive by this one everyday. Odd, the bead shop people were not overly friendly. I wonder if it is Vegas or Michigan people are just nicer in general.
I do think I am going to leave my machine at home for now. Cut out at the office and sew at home. I am not too sure about staying late at the office, it is a little spooky.
Some of my first things on my sewing list are: use up that wonderful baby fabric I have carted around for ever. Kali needs some Grandma made clothes. Then some purses. This all sounds so fun, lets see how it goes tomorrow.
jan

1 comment:

Amy said...

Jan!! I am so happy. For both of us. I know that you will inspire me to get busy at my machine. Something I've meant to ask for a long time...did you ever find (or dye your own) the yellow flannel we always used to search for? Wasn't it for a baby quilt? I love the idea of sewing for Kali. Did you ever find the link for the baby shoes? I have to try to send that to you. Simplicity has a pattern out right now for ones made of felt. They are way cute, but if your endeavor these, be sure to use a good quality wool felt (lined with a soft flannel or cotton would be heavenly). You have given me the much needed boost I was looking for. Love you..

Amy